Master Data Management (MDM) comprises a set of processes and tools that consistently defines and manages the non-transactional data entities of an organization (which may include reference data). MDM has the objective of providing processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidating, quality-assuring, persisting and distributing such data throughout an organization to ensure consistency and control in the ongoing maintenance and application use of this information.
To get answers to the following questions, visit this previous post
- What is Master Data Services? What is Master Data Management? Why is Master Data Management Needed?
- How to install Master Data Services ?
- What is Master Data Management?
- Why Master Data Management is Needed?
- SQL Server Master Data Services
To get answers to the following questions, visit this Video : How to Import Data Into Master Data Services
- How to write T-SQL Scripts to import source data into staging tables
- How to process import batches in Master Data Manager
- How to verify results of the import scripts
This specific video explains how to install the new Master Data Services component included with SQL Server 2008 R2. This video demonstrates the following:
- Where to find the installation program for MDS
- How to complete the installation wizard
- How to configure the MDS database
- How to configure the MDS website