TEMPDB, is the temporary database that is being used by SQL Server to store temporary data or temporary work.
- Local and global temporary tables and indexes
- Table variables
- User-defined tables and indexes
- Work tables for processing static or keyset cursors
- Work files needed for many GROUP BY, ORDER BY, UNION, SORT, and SELECT DISTINCT operations
- Work tables for DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC CHECKTABLE and much more things…
If you wanted to know :
- What is Stored in tempdb ?
- A more about tempdb Internals
- How to Monitor tempdb
- How to Optimize tempdb
- tempdb Space Allocation
- What sort of problem you may have with tempdb
- How to Monitoring tempdb Space
- Tips for Optimizing tempdb
- How Many Physical Files Should tempdb Have ?
- How to Move tempdb ?
Please download the attached excellent presentation, which was created by the Mr. Brad McGehee, a SQL Server master, from sql servercentral.com
Tags : How Many Physical Files Should tempdb Have, how to decide tempdb files, How to Monitor tempdb, How to Monitoring tempdb Space, How to Move tempdb, How to Optimize tempdb, number of tempdb files, tempdb Internals, tempdb problem, tempdb Space Allocation, Tips for Optimizing tempdb, What is Stored in tempdb, What sort of problem you may have with tempdb, sql server tempdb tips, sql server optimize tempdb, tune tempdb, sqlserver tempdb tuning, sqlserver tempdb tips, manage tempdb, sql server manage tempdb, admin tempdb, hoe to manage tempdb, sql server temp db tips, sql server tempdb tip, tempdb trick, managing sql server 2008 tempdb, sql server tempdb optimization, sqlserver tempdb optimization, tempdb sql server, sql server tempdb, What To Do When tempdb Is Full, tempdb errors, sql server tempdb error, SQL Server tempdb best practices, SQL Server tempdb best practice, SQL Server tempdb best practices increase performance, Moving the Tempdb, sql server move tempd files, Moving the Tempdb files, tempdn security, manage tempdb on san bo,es, Tracking tempdb growth, Move SQL Server 2005 TempDB, How to shrink the tempdb database in SQL Server, Tempdb Best Practices, tempdb in RAM, Working with tempdb, TSM and SQL server tempdb crash, Reduce INITIAL SIZE of TEMPDB, SQL Server tempdb optimization tips for a new server, TEMPDB on different drive, TEMPDB on dedicated drive, Move Tempdb on Cluster SQL Server, Common Mistakes with Tempdb, Cleaning up TempDB, role permission of tempdb