Microsoft team is working on Windows 8 that’s a known fact but Microsoft is coming all together with a new FILE SYSTME, this is something new.
YES, Microsoft has announced one of the most significant changes that will come with the Windows 8 a new file system, called ReFS, a recent post from Windows engineering team has published this information.
This new file system will we named as ReFS (Resilient File System). ReFS is going to have many new features like
- Verify and auto-correct data
- Never take the file system offline
- Optimize for extreme scale
- Provide a full end-to-end resiliency architecture
Engineering team describes much more feature but I like the most about
- A single file size of 16,777,216 (Terabyte), I need to even think, what this to be called Pega byte or even more. I am trying to related this with SQL Server storage now
- ReFS will support a volume / disk size upto 268,435,456 Tera byte. Now writing such number, I am feeling Tera byte size is nothing.
- Currently we are getting error if path is too deep now this new ReFs will support path upto 32K character
This new File System is expected to to be come with Windows 8. so we can not even test how SQL Server is going to behave on this new file system.
For More details, check http://goo.gl/d6SwU (Microsoft Windows 8 team blog)
TAGS : refs, file system for windows, new file system, windows refs, get refs, windows system file check, file system windows 8, refs world, refs call, refs online, windows file system security, buy refs, windows 8 file system, bad refs, efs windows encrypting file system, ext3 file system windows, new windows file system, refs inc, ext2 installable file system for windows, ext3 file system windows 8, big east refs, windows file system driver development,