SQLDUMPER library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with. Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct to correct this problem. in a modal dialog with the title SQL Writer
One of my friend called me and said, he is getting this error Every time when he starts his laptop
ROOT cause of this issue :
SQL Writer, a component of SQL Server, uses Volume Shadow Copy to perform backup / restore from third party application like TSM / NET Backup etc. so a subcomponent of Microsoft SQL server VSS writer has failed.
So in case you are not using any third party software to perform SQL backup and restore operations, you don’t need this piece of SQL Server.
Fix / Workaround / Solution:
To FIX this issue / error we can either disable this Services or Stop this Service or uninstall / Reinstall this component.
Solution 1 : STEP by STEP Guide for Disable / STOP VSS Writer Service
- GO to Control Panel \Administrative Tools and then Services
- Change the Startup mode of Service named "SQL Server VSS Writer" from Automatic to Disabled / Manual.
- Restart System, you will not get this error again.
Solution 2 : STEP by STEP Guide to uninstall / Reinstall VSS Writer Service
- Go to Add/Remove Program in windows Control Panel (Programs and feature in Control Panel, in case you are on Windows 7)
- Remove Microsoft SQL server VSS writer program
- Optional : Reinstall from SQL Server installation if you use third party software for SQL backup and restore.