"The specified disk resource ‘%1′ cannot be used as a failover cluster disk. Reason: %2"
What / When / Why we get this Error ?
We get this error when Cluster resource failed get qualified qualification code
This error generally occurs during INSTALLFAILOVERCLUSTER or COMPLETEFAILOVERCLUSTER
InstallFailoverCluster – This action creates the first SQL Server failover cluster instance that runs on a single cluster node by using the integrated installation setup process.
CompleteFailoverCluster – This action brings the SQL Server 2008 failover cluster instance online on the active cluster server node that owns the shared disk that will host the SQL Server database files. It is run as the last step of the advanced/enterprise installation process.
Tips to Resolve this issue
- Make sure the type of the disk is not “Local Quorum”
- Make sure the disk has no dependencies
- Make sure nothing depends on the disk
- Make sure the disk is online
- Make sure the local node owns the drive
- If other drives are mounted onto the disk, make sure each drive that is mounted is also qualified for the local node