HOW TO RESTORE SQL Server Database with Different / Alternate NAME from backup created by Tivoli Data Protection (TDP) for Microsoft SQL Server ?
Restore a backup from TDP library is pretty easy but you just need to be familiarized with tool to interact with Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server.
To Restore a USER Database from a Tivoli, SQL Server Data Protection, you need to
OPEN GUI tool named Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server; Start Menu\Programs\Tivoli Storage Manager\Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
- Click on the ‘Restore Databases’ tab.
- Select the ‘Show Active and Inactive’ and ‘Wait for Tape Mounts for File Information’ checkboxes.
- Selecting the ‘Show Active and Inactive’ option returns information on all backups within the retention period (not selecting this option will display only the most recent backup)
- The ‘Wait for Tape Mounts for File Information’ is required if replacing an existing database
- Expand the SQL Servers group.
- Expand the server name to display a list of all databases.
- Highlight the database being restored. The list of candidate backups is displayed in the right window.
- Select the backup from which you need to restore by clicking the checkbox
- Ensure the database being restored is selected and the correct backup selected.
- Right Click on the Selected Backup and select Restore INTO
- Enter the name of the database being restored to and Click OK.
- Again Right Click on the selected backup and select Relocate to relocating your database files to a new location and Click OK
- Click the Restore button, which will start the Restore Operation and you can Monitor the progress window to confirm completion of the restore; respond to error messages accordingly.
This will successfully restore your selected database from Achieve with a New Database name.