Microsoft release Microsoft SQL Server 2011 CTP1 on 08-November-2010. I am going to share my experience related to SQL Server Denali Installation. Adding to this, I also recorded a Video Tutorial for all readers.
This Video demonstrates How to install a new instance of SQL Server Denali.
Step by Step Video Guide to Install SQL Server Denali (SQL Server 2011)
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Power Shell 2.0
- Supported Operating Systems : Windows 7; Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2;Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Instillation will Fail on
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 RTM is not supported for SQL Server 2011 installation as an operating system.
Microsoft Notes :
How to: Install SQL Server "Denali" ; SQL Server Code-Named “Denali” CTP1 Release Notes
Download Microsoft® SQL Server® code-named ‘Denali’(CTP 1)
Video : How to Install SQL Server 2008 ; SQL Server 2011 – New Version Release
Notes From Author :
- It must to run Windows update, if you windows 2008 is not up to date, you keep on getting errors
- I tried installation on Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition, It must to have windows 2008 SP2 and all latest updates, which took 4 hours to complete
- I was having Power Shell 1.0 but it required 2.0
Tags : sql server 11.0.1103.9, 11.0.1103.9,Microsoft SQL Server "Denali" CTP1,sql server denali, sql server 2011, sql server denali installation, install sql server denali,Step by Step Video Guide to Install SQL Server Denali ,Step by Step Video Guide to Install SQL Server 2011,