What are the features/functionalities, which will be removed in SQL Server Denali ?
Denali Database Engine – Discontinued features / functionalities
- 80 compatibility levels will no longer supported in SQL Server Denali (2011)
- AWE feature will no more available.
- Need to use 64-bit OS to support over 4 GB of physical memory.
- Distributed Management Objects (DMO) will not be available in SQL Server Denali (2011)
- Following Statements has already been discontinued in SQL Server 2008 R2
- sp_addalias, for adding alias
- DUMP statement, which was used for backup
- LOAD statement, which was used for Restore
- BACKUP LOG WITH NO_LOG as now The transaction log is automatically truncated.
- BACKUP LOG WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
- BACKUP TRANSACTION was replaced with BACKUP LOG
- 60, 65, and 70 compatibility levels
- sp_addgroup, sp_changegroup, sp_dropgroup, sp_helpgroup as Roles were introduced
- Surface Area Configuration Tool, as Configuration manager was used
- For More Information
Denali Reporting Services - Discontinued features / functionalities
- No support for Itanium-based servers running Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2003 R2
- SQL Server 2000 Report Server Web service endpoints
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 support as client browser
- HTML with Office Web Components (OWC) rendering extension
- Surface Area Configuration Tool
- Notification Services has been removed from SQL Server 2008.
Denali Integration Services - Discontinued features / functionalities
- The options for connecting shapes on the design surface of the Control Flow tab and Data Flow tab have been discontinued in Denali
- The options to configure a data viewer to display data in a histogram, scatter plot, or column chart have been discounted in Denali
- DTS package maintenance in SQL Server Management Studio
- Now you can not use DTS packages in SQL Server Denali
- The ActiveX Script task has been discontinued in Denali
Tags : features removed in SQL Server Denali ,functionalities removed in SQL Server Denali, database components removed in sql server 2011,features removed in SQL Server 2011,functionalities removed in SQL Server 2011, What We Will Miss in Denali, What We Will Miss in sql server 2011, things to miss in sql server 2011 denali,denali Discontinued Functionality,sql server 2011 Discontinued Functionality,sql server denali Discontinued Functionality,denali discontinued features,sql server 2011 Discontinued features,sql server denali Discontinued feature,denali Discontinued components,sql server 2011 Discontinued component,sql server denali Discontinued components
If you liked this post then,