What is SQL?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language, which used as an international standard for database operations / manipulations.
SQL was developed by IBM in the early 1970s. SQL was adopted as a standard by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986 and the International Standards Organization (ISO) in 1987.
As Note we can describe SQL as
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL is an ANSI standard computer language
- SQL allows you to access a database
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert new records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can update records in a database
What is TSQL ?
Microsoft’s implementation of SQL is known as T-SQL. It is the language that is used to create queries for SQL Server.
Is there any other variants available for SQL?
Yes, there are other some implementations of SQL such as Oracle’s PL/SQL, Procedural Language/SQL and IBM’s SQL Procedural Language.
Video Tutorial on What is SQL